The non-ceremony wedding

There seems to be a trend cropping up in weddings this year that I am calling the non-ceremony wedding. This isn’t about eloping or just “deciding” to get married and finding the closest place to do it, but I believe it is more about saving money on a wedding by not having the big elaborate ceremony. These are not people that haven’t put a lot of thought into their ceremony, or people that are trying to run away and get married. They simply can’t or won’t pay for a large elaborate affair but still want something awesome. I have been seeing a lot of these couples this year.

There are a lot of great places around Springfield where you can have a low-cost wedding and not end up doing it at the court house (which I have it on good authority that Springfield Justices of the Peace will not marry people anymore). I have no problem meeting you out about town so that you can have a cheap-n-easy wedding and spend your money on more important things, like cake. 🙂 I usually charge $50 for this service and I have done weddings at parks, caves, Bass Pro, Sushi restaurants, your house or my home office.

One of these great places around town is now right in my back yard. For a lovely place to have your wedding right in the middle of the city:

The use of the Courtyard Garden is free to couples that are just wanting a quick ceremony with a few witnesses. If you would like to use the Garden for your wedding we can seat 20 guests for a lovely wedding by the Koi Pond. Please send an email to to discuss the details.

Contact me if you would like more information or to come see the Garden for yourself.

Published in: on September 8, 2010 at 10:48 pm  Comments (2)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is:

RSS feed for comments on this post.

2 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. what stat are you located? can we obtain our license on site there? this was a last minute decision and we are not prepared so we haven’t gotten our license.

    • We are located in Missouri but we will travel and are licensed in Arkansas and Kansas. You must obtain your marriage license from a county clerk in your state and it must be issued by the state where your marriage will take place. Some states have waiting periods and others do not so you will need to check with your county clerk to see what rules apply to you.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: